These days, people are becoming more conscious about their health and fitness. So, they are shifting their focus from unhealthy dietary habits to healthy habits. The rapid increase in health issues is a significant cause of bad lifestyle choices and a deteriorating environment. The food is not nutritious enough to fulfil your body’s nutritional requirements. Hence, it is important to choose food that satisfies your body’s nutritional needs.
Mustard oil is a popular cooking oil because of its traditional significance and many health benefits. But it is also a great immunity booster. Many people are unaware of this fact. So, let us explore the immunity-boosting capabilities of mustard oil:
The nutritional powerhouse:
Mustard oil is a flavourful and pungent cooking oil, but that’s not it’s only talent. It is also a powerhouse of rich and essential nutrients that improve your overall bodily functions. The following are some of the major nutrients you can find in mustard oil:
Vitamins and Minerals
Some nutrients play a vital role in your everyday bodily functions. These are Vitamin E, Vitamin K, iron and calcium. If any of these nutrients are deficient in your body, it can lead to bad health. Mustard oil is rich in all these vitamins and minerals. So, if you regularly consume this oil, it will fulfil your body’s nutritional needs.
This oil has antioxidant properties which help the body fight free radicals that can cause oxidative stress in the body. Oxidative stress can weaken your immunity system. So, regularly consume mustard oil to protect your body from oxidative stress.
Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid that helps in fighting inflammation in the body. Many diseases and ailments like arthritis, cardiovascular diseases, are caused by inflammation in the body. Mustard oil has a high level of Omega 3 which makes it a heart healthy cooking oil.
Immunity Boosting Properties:
Mustard oil is known for its richness in nutrients. Collectively these nutrients create a strong defence against illnesses. Here are some of the major immunity boosting properties of Mustard oil:
- It has high essential nutrients like alpha-linolenic acid and oleic acid. These acids are essential for the maintenance of overall bodily functions. Moreover, it also strengthens the immunity system.
- One of the most important benefits of mustard oil is its anti-microbial and anti-bcaterial properties. This is the main reason why this oil has a longer shelf life as compared to other cooking oils. Hence, many people also prefer mustard oil to preserve fruits and vegetables as pickles and marinades.
- The presence of omega 3 fatty acids equips this oil to fight chronic inflammation. So, if you have inflammation related issues, this oil can help you mitigate the discomfort.
- Mustard oil has been an age old favourite because of its medicinal properties. For example, it can help soothe respiratory issues if you inhale a drop or two of it. This can especially help in cold and flu conditions.
- A heathy immune system is related to a healthy gut. Regular and balanced consumption of mustard oil can help maintain and improve your gut health.
- Mustard oil’s antimicrobial properties also make it a great wound healer. So, if you have any kind of minor skin condition, you can topically apply mustard oil and it will soothe your skin and heal minor wounds.
The natural richness and immunity boosting properties of mustard oil make it a great cooking oil that you must include in your kitchen. It will majorly contribute to your well-being and body’s defences. Take a step towards your health by choosing mustard oil as your cooking oil and strengthen your immunity system.